- Starting at $18 no experience required
- 100% Employee-Owned (ESOP) Company
- Star-Tribune Top Workplace!
As a Tree Health Technician for Rainbow Treecare (a division of Rainbow Tree Company), your primary responsibility will be to provide treatments that control insects and diseases and improve the health of trees. Rainbow is committed to protecting the urban forest by managing the spread of invasive pests and diseases in the Twin Cities, one tree at a time. Whether you’re a green industry student or interested in how you can positively impact our urban forest, we will train anyone passionate about working outdoors for our 100% employee-owned local company.
This is a full-time weekday position with overtime available, based out of our Minnetonka, Little Canada, or Burnsville locations. We can accommodate start and end dates that coincide with your summer schedule as a college student. This position may also fulfill college internship requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Using a company vehicle, you will perform plant health treatment throughout the Minneapolis metro.
- Mix and apply our products according to company, state, and federal standards
- Apply treatment, monitoring to ensure proper uptake
- Electronically record treatments.
- Communicate with homeowners in a positive, professional manner
- High school diploma or a GED
- Obtain pesticide applicator’s license within 30 days of start (we will pay for test)
- Valid driver’s license and a commitment to safe driving
- Ability to work outdoors with possible overtime, in all terrain and inclement weather
What We Offer:
- Employee Stock Option Program in our 100% Employee-Owned Company
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- 401K Contribution Option with Match
- Full Range of Benefits available, including Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability, & Life Insurance
- Advancement Opportunities – we promote from within!
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors in any weather element. May be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift objects; may be exposed to conditions including chemicals, the use of tools, and equipment. Safety precautions must be followed at all times, including the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and other safety equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds at any given time.
You Should Know:
Rainbow Tree Company (www.rainbowtreecompany.com) is 100% employee-owned, and our employees are the core of our success. We are values-based, work collaboratively, and foster teamwork through communication and integrity.
We are a multi-faceted company dedicated to serving clients around the world, transforming the way ecosystems are maintained. We lead with innovation and achieve predictable results through science-based practices, research, and training.
At Rainbow, we celebrate our differences and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected status.
Rainbow Tree Company was recognized in 2019 & 2021 as a Star-Tribune Top Workplace!
Please apply on RainbowTreeCompany.com/Careers
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.