Twisted Fields is a 127-acre research farm on the California coast dedicated to the advancement of automation in agriculture to allow humanity to farm sustainably and maintain responsible stewardship over the land. Tree41 is our sister company and residential/ commercial tree service. We are a growing close-knit community that is excited to welcome new members onto our team to continue learning from one another and sharing our knowledge with farms worldwide.
Tree Service Manager:
The Tree Service Manager will be responsible for effectively managing residential and commercial tree service and general landscaping projects for our sister company, Tree41 LLC. If you are business-minded and are hoping to jumpstart your career in landscape or arborist services, we can help you get there with on-the-job training and paid certification.
- Lead regular safety trainings and certifications for crew members
- Assign work for individual crew members and direct crew in performing work according to accepted line clearance practices
- Implement safeguards for employees and the public from hazards in and around the work area
- Capable of adjusting to field requirements and taking independent action without close supervision
- Enforce and maintain cleanliness and regular maintenance of equipment
- Learn, understand, adhere to, and enforce all safety standards and policies including PPE
- Set up barriers, warning signs, flags, etc. to protect employees as well as the public. Trained to perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Keep accurate records, timesheets, and reports related to the performance of the crew
- Maintain good housekeeping on truck and at worksite locations
- Trim and/or remove trees by climbing with the aid of a ladder, safety belt, climbing line, and powered trimmer lift truck
- Work from the ground using saws/pruners. Cut branches or trunk sections and drop or lower them to the ground with lines.
- General landscaping, which may include grading, irrigation installation, land clearing, planting, etc.
- Use appropriate tools to fell trees or trim trunks and split them into manageable pieces
- Load and unload trucks with logs, stumps, brush, and debris and/or feeds brush into a wood chipper
- Cooperate with customer, police, and fire departments when blocking streets or driveways
- Demonstrate high safety standards, sound tree risk assessment skills, equipment inspection skills, proper application of approved knots, proper climbing techniques and procedures, proper pruning and small removal skills, and proper rigging skills
- Work around hazardous equipment and in close proximity to energized power lines
- Is exposed to all temperatures and weather; will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- May work on rough terrain
- Meet with clients to estimate projects, provide project proposals, and customize contracts
- Generate estimates and invoices via QuickBooks Online
- Arrange with customer or property owner ability to obtain access, advise them of interruption, and explain the scope of work
- Promote and maintain good customer and public relations through effective completion of assigned work and the appropriate behavior of employees on the crew
- Spanish / English bilingual
- Capable of manual labor for up to 8 hours, including heavy lifting and being constantly on your feet
- US work authorized
- Valid driver's license
- Willing to obtain CPR and first aid certification
- Ability to commute to jobs within a 40 mile radius of San Gregorio, CA
- Ability to respond to on-call emergencies on occasion
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbal and in writing, with the general public, customers, and fellow employees
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Possess excellent leadership skills and is able to professionally handle stressful situations
Preferred Skills (not required):
- Arborist certification or willingness to obtain arborist certification
- Experience safely operating power tools such as chainsaws and woodchippers
- Class A CDL or willingness to obtain CDL
- Tractor operation
- Comfort navigating bucket trucks and trailers
- Experience with regenerative farming techniques
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with executing and planning tree service and landscaping jobs
- Knowledge of knots, rigging techniques, tree cabling, and bracing
- Knowledge of trees, including identification, growth habits and correct arboricultural techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing, as applies to working in close proximity to energized conductors
- Hours vary depending on project schedules
- $25-$45 hourly DOE
- 3 weeks PTO accrued annually
- Potential for housing accommodations
- Paid arborist or landscape contractor certification
- Provide positive reference and experience voucher to CSLB
- As a startup we currently do not offer health or retirement benefits
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Carly Stines, Operations Manager, at email@example.com.
Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. Position will be open until filled.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Forestry, General / Stewardship|