|Salary Details||Non-exempt hourly|
|Deadline||Nov 11, 2023|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Trustees of Reservations are hiring Stewardship Managers, Stewards & Trail Specialists throughout Massachusetts!
The Trustees is our nation’s oldest land conservation and preservation organization. We manage, protect and share almost 125 irreplaceable, natural and historic properties across New England, including Castle Hill and the Crane Estate, World’s End and the deCordova Sculpture Park & Museum, to name but a few.
Our Steward & Trails teams pay a large role in maintaining, protecting and conserving over 40,000 acres of land encompassing historic properties, farms and homesteads, campsites and hiking trails and more. Responsibilities run the gamut according to property, but typically include a mix of landscaping, light carpentry, painting projects, event assistance, and trails and invasive plant management. If you have farming, property management or professional landscaping experience, a hands-on attitude and love working in the great outdoors 365 days/year, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Full Time Roles:
- Stewardship Manager - Charles River Valley; Greater Dover, MA area
- Stewardship Manager - Marthas Vineyard, MA
- Conservation Restriction Stewardship Specialist- Leominster, MA
- Steward - Boston Community Gardens; Greater Boston area
Seasonal Positions Available:
- Seasonal Winterlights Steward – Bradley Estate; Canton; MA
- Seasonal Park & Conservation Steward - Powisset Farm; Dover
- Seasonal Trail Steward - Stevens Coolidge and Moose Hill Farm; North Andover
- Seasonal Steward - Naumkeag; Stockbridge, MA
- Seasonal Steward - Weir River; Hingham, MA
- These positions are 100% on site and 100% outdoors; must be willing to work in weather conditions
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license, as well as a satisfactory driving record
- Massachusetts Hoisting License - 2A preferred
- Massachusetts Commercial Pesticide Applicator License preferred
- OSHA 10 Hour General Industry training a plus
- Wilderness First Aid training/certification a plus
- Candidates must be able to comfortably lift up to 50 lbs.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Trustees are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures
To learn more about career opportunities with The Trustees of Reservations or to apply for any of these positions, please visit TheTrustees.org
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Outdoor Recreation|