This is a 50% Traveling Role, expenses paid
Starting pay is $20/hour, earn up to $24/hour after 90 days
As a Utility Vegetation Management Specialist for Growth Solutions (a subsidiary of Rainbow Companies), your primary responsibility will be to provide tree growth regulator (TGR) treatments on trees located near powerlines. As such, we happily think of ourselves as "TGaRborists." Our services produce predictable results that reduce pruning needs and improve tree health, transforming how the utility industry is caring for trees in the right-of-way.
Whether you have experience in forestry, utility vegetation management, other outdoor services, or are looking to start your green industry career, we will train motivated and independent individuals passionate about working outdoors for our 100% employee-owned company. We teach the skills necessary to become a proficient utility vegetation management specialist, which will include a thorough introduction to the world of arboriculture and utility vegetation management. Through an internal advancement program, we seek to keep successful team members with us as long as possible, but the skills learned through this role are a great exposure to these intersecting industries.
We pay for training, and promote from within to advanced technician and supervisor roles. This is a full-time up to 50% regional travel position. Weeks are typically 50 hours, with overtime paid at time and a half. The travel schedule is up to four weeks on the road with one week off, and shorter trips when work availability is closer to your home. All travel expenses are paid, including providing per diem and a company vehicle.
For a video on a day in the life of a Utility Vegetation Management Specialist, click here.
What You Will Do:
- Perform soil applications of tree growth regulators, including safe handling and mixing of the product according to company, state, and federal standards.
- Maintain thorough and accurate digital records of applications in service to records compliance and our company’s value of being science based, as these records are used in research and ongoing improvement of our methods.
- Communicate with homeowners in on-site conversations that enroll them in our service in a positive and professional manner as a representative for both Growth Solutions and our utility partner.
- Navigate utility right of way to locate and identify trees that meet the specifications for growth regulator treatment.
- High school diploma or a GED
- Current pesticide applicator’s license upon start (we will pay for test)
- Valid driver’s license and a commitment to safe driving
- Ability to work long days outdoors with possible overtime, in all terrain and inclement weather
- Ability to travel at 100% for up to 4 weeks in winter months, December through February
- Experience in forestry, vegetation management, tree care, landscaping, or utility work
- Leadership experience in work, school, or volunteer roles
- Demonstrated success in an independent work environment
- Finger dexterity to enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate tools and equipment
- Basic tree identification knowledge.
What We Offer:
- Employee Stock Option Program in our 100% Employee-Owned Company
- 80 hours of PTO, 4 Floating Holidays and 8 Paid Holidays
- 401K Contribution Option with Match
- Full Range of Benefits available, including Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability, & Life Insurance
- Growth opportunities – We promote from within!
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors in any weather element. May be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift objects; may be exposed to conditions including chemicals, the use of tools, and equipment. Safety precautions must be followed at all times, including the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and other safety equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds at any given time.
You Should Know:
Rainbow Companies (www.rainbowcompanies.com) is 100% employee-owned, and our employees are the core of our success. We are values-based, work collaboratively, and foster teamwork through communication and integrity. We are a multi-faceted company dedicated to serving clients around the world, transforming the way ecosystems are maintained. We lead with innovation and achieve predictable results through science-based practices, research, and training. At Rainbow, we celebrate our differences and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected status. Rainbow Tree Company was recognized in 2019 & 2021 as a Star-Tribune Top Workplace!
#:: Environmental, Outdoor, Tree Work
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Forestry, General / Stewardship|