FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Pay Rate: $20,000-$25,000/year depending on qualifications Part Time: 20hr/wk
Job Summary: The Santa Fe Botanical Garden is seeking a part-time volunteer coordinator to manage, grow and develop the volunteer program. The Volunteer Coordinator will support the mission of the Botanical Garden through development and implementation of recruitment and training programs, coordination of volunteer scheduling, and organization of volunteer enrichment, events and recognition. The Volunteer Coordinator is also responsible for providing administrative support for the Volunteer Program, which includes email and phone communication and database management.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization.
- Ensure volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of operations including but not limited to; visitor service center, education programming, special events, development, marketing/communications, horticultural activities, and plant collections database.
- Communicate with staff about volunteers needs, the most efficient use of volunteers, appropriate volunteer/supervisory mix, and future volunteer needs to support all program operations.
- Conduct and arrange monthly for new volunteer orientations to train new volunteers.
- Manage scheduling database and schedule of opportunities for volunteer activity.
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and community volunteer activities.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Provide ongoing support, training and guidance for volunteers.
- Confer with volunteers to resolve grievances, promote cooperation, and maintain a positive experience while volunteering with the Botanical Garden.
- Create and distribute monthly volunteer newsletter along with various communications and publications to volunteers.
- Participate in community outreach opportunities such as fairs, festivals, local markets and outside organization’s activities.
- Serve as the liaison between volunteers and staff.
Apply by visiting: https://santafebotanicalgarden.org/join-our-team/
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship|