The City of Lacey is currently recruiting for an AmeriCorps member. The AmeriCorps member will serve with The City of Lacey beginning 10/2/17 or 10/16/17 serving until 8/15/18 or 8/31/18. Applicants must be at least 18. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but we will consider qualified candidates who do not have a bachelor’s degree. This is a great opportunity for recent graduates who are working toward a career as an Environmental Education and Outreach Specialist to get some fantastic hands-on experience. The AmeriCorps Water Resources Assistant Outreach Coordinator will perform a wide variety of tasks and gain some great real-life experience in environmental education and outreach related to water.
Below are some of the essential tasks:
- Develop educational activities for school groups, teachers, and public events.
- Facilitate community service projects for school and community groups.
- Coordinate field trips for school and community groups.
- Educate the public about local programs at outreach events.
- Collect water quality samples from local lakes and streams.
- Collaborate with several regional environmental education and outreach groups of which the City participates, which will include the Thurston County Stream Team, South Sound GREEN, the LOTT Clean Water Alliance, the Thurston County Stormwater Outreach Group, and Thurston ECO Network.