|Salary Details||$40,000 for level I/$44,500 for level II + benefits (see our benefits summary at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs)|
Application Deadline: Open until filled
You will work for Pheasants Forever, Inc. (PF) in partnership with the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Services (NRCS) and Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) to implement wildlife habitat conservation projects on private land using NRCS Farm Bill programs and other related wildlife conservation programs. You will focus on conservation program outreach, program enrollment and contract coordination, create conservation plans, and make landowner visits and site assessments, and conduct project monitoring and reporting. Overall, you will provide technical assistance for wildlife habitat enhancement techniques to private landowners and public organizations. You will also meet with local chapters of Pheasants Forever and other local partners to influence habitat management efforts and participate in statewide habitat meetings. We will provide Farm Bill Biologist training and you will have a team of colleagues and partners to learn from.
One position will be hired through this announcement and will be based in the NRCS Field Office in Stevens Point, WI. The position will provide technical and program assistance across multiple counties in central Wisconsin. You will be an employee of PF and will receive administrative supervision from PF with daily guidance provided by the local NRCS staff.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to private landowners that are interested in voluntarily improving their land for wildlife and other natural resource concerns.
- Assist Federal and state government agencies, non-government organizations, and other entities on the implementation of various conservation programs.
- Gather applications and other required program documentation and assist with program contracts for the conservation programs requiring wildlife expertise in cooperation with partners and NRCS staff.
- Communicate program requirements, complete site visits to determine eligibility, and develop contracts/plans for applicants/participants for the suite of NRCS conservation programs and other local and state programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with landowners with a focus on understanding their goals and objectives for their property.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
- Strong commitment to quality customer service with landowners and partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license required; some use of personal vehicle required (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Able to obtain USDA Federal Security Clearance.
Preferred Knowledge. Skills and Abilities:
- Practical/working experience with various habitat management and restoration techniques
- Knowledge of wildlife ecology, prescribed fire, and upland habitat management techniques
- Knowledge of Farm Bill conservation programs
- Ability to convey the use of various habitat management tools in the development of management plans
- Knowledge of wildlife conservation programs provided by other Federal, state, and local entities.
- Knowledge of or practical experience with agricultural systems, farming and ranching
Training and Experience Guideline: A minimum qualification for this position is Bachelor of Science Degree in Wildlife Management or closely related natural resources field or related practical field experience. The position will receive training on the USDA Conservation Programs, Pheasants Forever, WDNR and other local and state programs.
Level II classification must have proven experience working with USDA Farm Bill programs and exhibit a balance of technical knowledge and interpersonal skills required to implement voluntary conservation programs on private lands.
Contact: Marty Moses, Wisconsin State Coordinator at email@example.com or 608-712-8625.
To Apply: Please combine your cover letter, resume and three references as one Word document or PDF file before uploading to the “Resume” area of your application on our recruitment website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs.
Pheasants Forever, Inc and Quail Forever is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other category that may be protected by law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Restoration, Wildlife|