Wilderness Corps Intern
Siskiyou Mountain Club
|Job Type||Paid Internship|
|Salary Details||$1500/month educational stipend paid directly to intern|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Spend 7 - 12 weeks living and working from the most remote and rugged wilderness areas the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Crews work a schedule of eight on-trail days up against four days off-trail. Backpack into project sites as far as 20 miles into the backcountry and work with a team to restore historic trails fading from America's great backcountry.
Work with a dynamic team led by field staff with multiple years of field experience.
Compensation, housing, activities
Receive a $1,500 monthly stipend paid directly to participant, and the Club provides camping or motel rooms in Ashland, OR during off-trail days. During off-trail days, interns participate in activities like whitewater rafting, visits to our local national and state parks, and skills training.
Start dates are June 2 and June 26 with terms of 7 to 10 weeks, and interns participate in a 12-hour remote onboarding course prior to arrival.
We provide comprehensive curricular and field training.
- Basic backpacking and wilderness surival skills
- Backcountry trails skills.
- Credentials: Receive industry-accepted certificates issued by Univeristy of Montana's Arthur Carhart Wilderness Institute, the Center for Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics, U.S. Forest Service, and Siskiyou Mountain Club
- 1st-aid and CPR, Leave No Trace, and USFS crosscut saw certification, pending eligibility
- Certificate of 500 hours of Corps Service recognized by employers, the 21st-Century Conservation Service Corps, and the National Corps Networks
Equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and place high value on diversity in all hemispheres of our organization. Read more about our commitment to social justice and civil rights here.
Apply at http://siskiyoumountainclub.org/wcc2023/
We take applicants through a screening process and two interviews. Please call 541-708-2056 or email email@example.com.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Outdoor Recreation, General / Stewardship|