The Nature Company is seeking a wildlife educator to provide live animal programs to Pre-K and Kindergarten students in NYC. Applicant must have experience in educating young children and animal handling. Applicant must have a car and a valid driver's license. Immediate hire.
The ideal candidate is great at educating young children (Ages 3, 4, 5), enthusiastic, energetic, knowledgeable in basic zoology, and a dynamic animal presenter. The ability to engage a group of children for a one hour science lesson utilizing live animals is essential.
Salary: $22.00 /hour
Benefits: Full Health, Federal Holidays, 10 personal/year, 10 sick days/year
- Teach live animal lessons to elementary-aged students in NYC
- Demonstrate live animals including reptiles, invertebrates, mammals, and birds
- Animal care and maintenance including cleaning animal enclosures and training live animals
- Driving to all 5 boroughs, Westchester, and Long Island to conduct lessons
- Create hands-on science activities for inclusion in animal workshops
- Flexibility to work long hours
- BA in Education or Biological Sciences
- 1 year experience teaching elementary-aged students
- Experience in animal care and management
- Completion of criminal history background check
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to engage a group of children for a one hour science lesson
- Ability to demonstrate and handle small animals including snakes, insects, lizards
- Knowledge of early elementary school level biology and environmental science
- Understanding of classroom management
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) references. No phone calls please. Applications without cover letter will not be considered. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant must have a car. A cover letter is required for consideration for this position. Please indicate in your cover letter why you are the best person for this position introducing young children to live animals in a classroom setting.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, Wildlife|