|Deadline||Jan 31, 2024|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Are you passionate about wildlife management and ensuring harmony between birds and people?
Meridian Wildlife Services is the fastest-growing bird capture company in the country! We are searching for our next Wildlife Technician to help us embrace new adventures daily.
At Meridian, our goal is to provide safe and effective bird removal solutions to our customers in the commercial retail space.
As a Wildlife Technician, you will be at the forefront of our mission, contributing to the welfare of local bird populations while mitigating any potential nuisances they may pose for our customers.
- Core Values: At Meridian, we want our technicians to be stewards of our culture and role models for our core values: Eagerly Optimistic, Humbly Confident, Adapt and Overcome, Commitment to Capture, Be Above the Bar, and Help First.
- Live Capture: We prioritize the well-being of the birds and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations. Utilizing your expertise in bird behavior and trapping techniques, you will implement our live-capture system.
- Site Assessment: Conducting thorough assessments of commercial facilities to identify areas of concern, nesting sites, and potential risk factors for bird-related issues.
- Problem Solving: No two jobs are the same. This leads to countless opportunities to figure out the best way to complete a capture. All technicians use their personal vehicles to travel to worksites.
- Catered Solutions: Collaborating with our team, you will devise tailored plans to address specific bird-related challenges faced by our customers, ensuring that our solutions align with their unique needs.
- Educational Outreach: Engaging with customers and the local community to raise awareness about coexisting with birds and offering practical tips for keeping feathered friends out of their spaces.
Why Join Us:
- Meaningful Impact: Your work as a Wildlife Technician will assist in maintaining healthy bird populations. Where else can you say you captured a hawk in under 2 hours?
- Continuous Learning: Each technician begins their journey as a trainee – we provide gear and hands-on guidance. Meridian offers ongoing training and development opportunities to enhance your bird-related expertise.
- Dynamic Environment and Career Growth: You'll be part of a supportive working environment and a team that shares a passion for protecting birds and helping our customers. We provide avenues for career advancement! Technicians can travel both locally and nationally, giving them the chance to spread their wings.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive pay and benefits for part-time and full-time employees.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 18 years old.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Insured & reliable vehicle.
- Driving Record free from moving violations.
- Mobile smartphone.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Stand, walk, and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Work exposed to outdoor elements.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Ability to climb ladders & scissor lifts.
- Ability to see up close and at a distance.
If you want each workday to be a new adventure, apply now! We have increased our headcount by 22% just this year and can’t wait for you to join our team!
* On average, Full-Time Bird Removal Technicians make $1,600 - $3,000 per month, $40,000-$43,000 annually.
* Compensation is subjective and is only an average of what our Bird Removal Technicians can make. There is no guarantee that any one person will receive any set amount of compensation during any period of time. Compensation is dependent on several variables, including but not limited to, seasonality, location, rank, bonuses attained, and off-the-job pay.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.