|Salary Details||$500 to $2000 per month|
|Deadline||Oct 20, 2023|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
We Embrace New Adventures Daily
Meridian Wildlife Services provides innovative bird removal and management services for big-box retailers, supermarkets, and distribution centers. We specialize in safely capturing and removing birds from commercial spaces, and no two jobs are the same. The right candidate will love working in diverse environments and using creative thinking skills to get the job done. We offer a flexible schedule, a thorough hands-on training program and provide all gear and equipment (which easily fits in a standard size car) needed to be successful in this role.
Are you looking for a job with adventure and travel?
Meridian Wildlife Services is seeking a Part-Time Bird Removal Technician who loves new experiences and hitting the road!
Do you want to do something different with a greater purpose?
Being a Meridian Bird Removal Technician is a great fit for firefighters, musicians, photographers, outdoor enthusiasts, and raving fans who support our core values with genuine enthusiasm!
- Enjoys traveling, hitting the road, and embracing new adventures.
- Loves helping customers.
- Has a thirst for knowledge with an appreciation for wildlife and nature.
- Thrives on independent work yet can work as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt and overcome challenges with a commitment to capturing the bird every time.
- While on the job you will: analyze, investigate, problem solve and get creative ensuring your captures are successful.
- Lives within 50 miles of Troy, NY
- A minimum of a three (3) full day schedule of stand-by availability each week, one weekend per month. Our top performing technicians adjust their schedules to have a full week of adventures/captures during our busy seasons.
- Dispatched from your home.
- Drive your personal vehicle to a job site with mileage reimbursement.
- Willing to lodge, work overnight, and occasionally travel by air as needed.
- Work in diverse settings ranging from small grocery stores to large distribution centers.
- Investigate and help customers understand how to prevent future issues.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 18 years old.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Insured & Reliable Vehicle
- Mobile Smartphone
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Stand, walk and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Work exposed to outdoor elements.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Ability to climb ladders & scissor lifts.
- Ability to see up close and at a distance.
Core Value Match:
- Energetic curiosity about life and a humble "do better/be better" attitude.
- Demonstrate our core values of: Eagerly Optimistic, Humbly Confident, Adapt and Overcome, Commitment to Capture, Be Above the Bar, and Help First.
- $500 to $2000 per month is an average of what our technicians can make. This can be much higher based on where you live and your availability. *
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Paid hotel rooms for jobs that require overnight.
- Rental cars as needed.
- Flights as needed.
- Per diem for out-of-town jobs.
- Preventative health coverage options are available with Free $0 Co-Pay Telehealth and Accident Insurance available.
For more detailed information, please visit our FAQ
*Compensation is subjective and is only an average of what our Bird Removal Technicians can make. There is no guarantee that any one person will receive any set amount of compensation during any period of time. Compensation is dependent on several variables, including but not limited to, seasonality, location, rank, bonuses attained, and off-the-job pay.
Meridian Bird Removal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Meridian Bird Removal does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, core values, merit, and business need.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.