|Salary Details||$1,040.00 biweekly before taxes are taken out|
|Deadline||Mar 31, 2023|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
GAIN PROFESSIONAL JOB SKILLS, CONTRIBUTE TO CLIMATE RESILIENCE, AND MENTOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF LAND STEWARDS!
The Montana Conservation Corps (MCC) is currently looking for Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) Leaders! We focus on the growth of our participants, transferable job skills, and making a positive impact on the climate and environment. YCC Leaders guide Montana Youth on conservation based service projects. These crews work on day projects with a Forest Service district. You'll have the chance to positively impact the lives of students, local communities, and some of the most treasured wild lands in the West. YCC crews are based in remote, rural communities around Montana, with crew sizes of 5-8 participants. The youth participants typically go home every evening.
These crews provide much necessary opportunities and job skills training for our rural Montana Youth. Are you passionate about youth development? Want to address climate change issues? Want to make a positive impact on the environment? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Location: Bozeman or Kalispell, MT
Program Dates: 5/15/2023-8/18/2023
Living Allowance: $1,040.00 biweekly before taxes are taken out
AmeriCorps Education Award: $1,718.25 upon completion of the program
Member Assistance Program: Free 24/7 access to confidential behavioral health counseling, financial assistance, medical/legal advocacy, and more!
Food Per Diem while on Projects
*Housing is often provided for these leaders
- High school degree, GED, or willingness to work towards obtaining a GED
- 21 years old on the start date of the program
- Valid driver’s license, ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Records check
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent US Resident
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Ability to hike 3-12 miles per day in terrain that can be steep, rocky or uneven, often wearing a 45lb backpack while carrying tools and sometimes backpacking with full packs of 60 – 70lbs
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds repeatedly and use hand and power tools
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates strong service ethic and desire to serve the community and the environment
- Embraces willingness to work long, hard hours in all weather conditions; ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 14-30 days at a time
- Commitment to completing term; available for duration of entire term of service
- Passion for working with youth and the outdoors
- Experience working with youth ages 14-18
- Education Award Use for student loans, certifications, work trade programs, education expenses, and more
- Forbearance for certain student loans while serving with AmeriCorps.
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) FREE access to 24/7 behavioral health resources. Also includes financial planning, legal assistance, life coaching, and more!
- Living Allowance
- AmeriCorps Child Care Benefits
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Meals provided while on projects
- Access to Pro Deals
- We provide uniform work shirts and transportation to work sites.
- Tools and safety gear are covered. Things like hard hat, work gloves, ear protection, safety glasses and group camping gear. We have some items to loan if needed
Certifications (Depending on Position and Crew Type):
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid & CPR
- Defensive Driving
- Chainsaw Certification
- Crosscut Certification
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
Training and Opportunities (Depending on Position and Crew Type):
- Training on Resume Building, Interviewing, and Federal Hiring
- Hand & Power Tool Use (including chainsaw and crosscut saw)
- Backcountry Travel & Navigation
- Trail Maintenance & Construction
- Leave No Trace
- Habitat Management & Improvement
- Learn about natural resource management
- Develop life skills, work skills, and a strong service ethic
- Connect with project partners: federal, state, and non-profits for career opportunities
- Join our network of alumni in natural resource careers all over the country
- Work in beautiful, wild, and protected places.
- Work in National Forests, wilderness areas, and National Parks.
- Make lasting changes to the environment, climate, and our communities.
MCC is committed to being diverse, welcoming, and inclusive. We are working to reduce barriers to participating in our programs. This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, genetic information, and military service. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Learn more about Identity and Equity @ MCC!
Apply on our website @ https://www.mtcorps.org/joinmcc/open-positions/
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Outdoor Recreation|
|Tags||Conservation Corps, Trail Maintenance|