If you are looking to make a difference in the police field and enjoy working in a recreational setting, the McHenry County Conservation District is currently accepting applications for a Police Officer position. This position initially responds to public service and law enforcement calls, conducts investigations, and maintains patrol activities. Officers assume responsibility for patrolling conservation sites and seeking voluntary compliance from the public in an effort to develop a sense of pride and public responsibility toward the preservation and use of District lands and facilities.
Qualifications for this position include, but not limited to:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience in the related job field or combination of experience and training.
- A current, valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Strong interpersonal skills in effectively communicating with the public.
- Must be able to possess a valid F.O.I.D. card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to pass the Illinois P.O.W.E.R test, a medical/physical exam, a written and psychological exam, and a background investigation.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and be enthusiastic about working in a natural resource environment.
- Must reside within 45 minutes of the County seat (McHenry County Government Center, Woodstock, IL) within the first six months of hire.
As part of the hiring process for Police Officers, applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be selected to take a mandatory written test. The written test will be held on October 14, 2017. Test packet information will be sent to qualified applicants two weeks prior of test date.
NOTE: A current full time certified Police Officer in the state of Illinois may be waived from participating in our P.O.W.E.R and written tests.
Applicants that possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Card issued after 4/1/2017 from one of the following agencies NIPSTA, Triton, or Joliet Junior College will be exempt from taking the P.O.W.E.R. test. When requested, you will be required to provide the P.O.W.E.R certification card.