|Salary Details||$880 bi-weekly plus room + board|
|Deadline||Dec 15, 2023|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Position Dates: February 26 - November 8, 2024
Pay: $880 bi-weekly
Benefits: Room + board provided, 2 bed/1 bath fully furnished 800sqft apartment with max 1 roommate, all utiliites included, Wi-fi included. Meals available whenever dining hall is open.
Join CBFS's 2024 Education Team as a Field Station Educator! Educators work with all programs in our education department including school programs, Road Scholar, overnight and day camps, family camps, Scout programs, and more! Educators also have the opportunity to work with our outreach and University & Research departments. Educators get truly hands on, feet wet as they lead participants of all ages and from all walks of life through programs focused on this unique coastal ecosystem. Classes and programs include intertidal studies, wetland ecology, kayaking, birding/ornithology, coastal botany, bicycling, oceanography boat trips, barrier island and dune ecology, and more! The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with a passion for the environment who is able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Function as primary educator for education programs for learners of all ages including but not limited to summer camps, school programs, Road Scholar, and special programs
- Assist fellow educators and summer camp counselors with evening programs, other classes, free night transportation, and in other areas as assigned
- Lead outdoor activities including beach walks, kayak trips, biking excursions, birding programs and other activities
- Responsible for all program set-up, break-down, and assisting with the maintenance of program areas including labs, classrooms, equipment, and housing
- Weekly program maintenance tasks not directly related to teaching such as office and paper work, aquarium maintenace, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Drive CBFS vehicles including 15 passenger vans and full size school buses with and without kayak and bike trailers
- Coordinate group check-ins and check-outs alongside administrative staff
- Enforce all CBFS rules and policies
- Provide excellent customer service to all program participants
- Actively interact with and supervise participants
- Represent CBFS at outreach opportunities and special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Able to and comfortable with working long hours outdoors, sometimes in less than ideal conditions
- Teaching and/or leadership experience
- Ability to pass background check to obtain NASA security clearance
- Valid driver's license with 2 or fewer moving violations in the past 2 years and no DUI or DWI charges
- Willing and able to obtain a VA Commercial Driver's License as part of training
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or the ability to obtain before the start date
- Teaching and/or leadership experience in formal or informal education settings
- Experience teaching to a variety of age groups
- Experience working on boats
- Experience leading biking and/or kayaking programs
- Experience with summer camps, outdoor adventure, or other residential programs
- A degree in a related field (education, biology, environmental science, outdoor rec, etc.)
For more information and the full job description, please visit http://www.cbfieldstation.org/employment.html
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Field Station Educator Application". Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or accepted.
Interviews will begin Monday, November 27, 2023.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|