|Salary Details||Living allowance of $1,406 twice a month ($2,812 per month, pre-tax) + $4,826.50 AmeriCorps Education Award (scholarship)|
|Deadline||Jan 02, 2024|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Immerse yourself in outdoor environmental projects and cultivate connection to the Northwest, your teammates, and the unique ecological features that define our region. WCC is recruiting AmeriCorps members statewide!
Serving with WCC means spending your days outdoors, in all weather conditions, accomplishing projects that restore and enhance landscapes across Washington. Crew members serve on a crew of five AmeriCorps members, along with an experienced crew supervisor who provides training, mentorship, and development opportunities.
WCC supports a variety of crew types:
- Restoration crews focus on habitat restoration and enhancement projects such as planting trees and shrubs, removing invasive species, and monitoring and maintaining restoration sites.
- Trail crews focus on recreation enhancements such as building and maintaining trails, public camping infrastructure, bridges, boardwalks and more.
- Spike crews travel around the state of Washington to complete both restoration and recreation focused projects. Food and lodging are provided while in travel status.
WCC partners with over 100 organizations across Washington State including Federal, Tribal, State, and local governments and non-profits. Members have opportunities to network with individuals leading ecological restoration and recreation access efforts statewide and regionally. WCC prioritizes physical and emotional safety and provides training for all field activities.
Qualifications: No prior experience needed for crew positions! Must be 18-25 years old, with exceptions for those with military service or mental or sensory disabilities. Preference is given to Washington state residents.
AmeriCorps Eligibility: U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent U.S. Resident Alien
Pay and Benefits
- Living allowance of $1,406 twice a month ($2,812* per month, before taxes)
*Location-based elevated living allowance available for members with positions based in King, Snohomish, Clark, and Kitsap counties: $1,530 twice a month ($3,060 per month, before taxes).
- AmeriCorps Education Award of $4,826.50 (scholarship) upon successful completion of 9-month contract (and 1200 service hours).
- Educational loan forbearance is available through AmeriCorps for qualified loans.
- Health insurance starting on the first day of service. WCC pays the monthly insurance premium.
- Accessible and quality mental health services through the Member Assistance Program (MAP).
- AmeriCorps Child Care Benefit Program, which is available to qualified full-time AmeriCorps State Members who need the benefit to serve.
- Three weeks of paid professional training in addition to day-to-day hands-on training
Schedule: 40 hours per week, typically Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Program calendar reflects scheduled state holidays.
Start Date: January 16, 2024
End Date: September 5, 2024
Application deadline: 01/02/20024
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Botany, Outdoor Recreation, Restoration|
|Tags||Conservation Corps, Trail Maintenance|