|Salary Details||$90,000-$110,000 per year|
|Deadline||Oct 13, 2023|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Position Type: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Department: Planning Division
Casc Engineering and Consulting, Inc. (“Casc”) is seeking a highly skilled Senior Planner to be a part of our diverse group of planners, environmental specialists, designers, and entitlement specialists with extensive experience managing a wide variety of private and public clients throughout Southern California. Our team possess a wide-range of technical knowledge and skills in both the planning and environmental fields with a proven track-record of successfully completing small to large-scale projects.
Office Locations: Corporate Headquarters (Colton, CA), Temecula/San Diego, Irvine, Glendora, and Palm Desert. The ideal Candidate would be based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Colton; however, Casc recognizes the value of a diverse and flexible workplace. Thus, we are open to considering candidates who may prefer to work from our other office locations, including Temecula/San Diego, Irvine, Glendora, and Palm Desert.
- Please note that regardless of the chosen office location, the Senior Planner role requires a minimum of 2 visits per month to our Corporate Headquarters in Colton, CA. This travel is essential for effective collaboration, team meetings, and project coordination. The willingness and ability to travel as needed is an integral part of this role, ensuring seamless communication and engagement across our various office locations.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000 per year (depending on qualifications and desired office location)
Job Description: Casc Engineering and Consulting, Inc. (“Casc”) is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Planner with a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in planning and/or environmental fields. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of supervisorial skills managing staff on complex projects, a strong understanding of California state planning laws, CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act), OPR (Office of Planning and Research) State Guidelines, and possess a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
As a Senior Planner, you will play a crucial role with leading staff on the preparation of planning and environmental documents, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and providing expertise in land use and environmental planning. Typical private projects may include preparing planning/environmental documents for residential, commercial, industrial, and mixed-use developments. Typical public projects may include preparing General Plan, Community Plan, and Specific Plan updates, environmental documents, and peer review related services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, lead and manage complex planning and environmental projects from initiation to completion, ensuring adherence to project timelines, budgets, and objectives.
- Prepare proposals, contracts, budgets, schedules, and invoicing, assist the Director managing staff, and identifying potential opportunities to pursue.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, such as government agencies, community groups, and clients, to gather input, address concerns, and promote effective communication.
- Conduct public meetings, workshops, and presentations to inform and engage stakeholders in the planning process.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in planning laws, regulations, and policies at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Analyze and interpret planning policies and develop recommendations for their implementation in accordance with project goals and objectives.
- Oversee the preparation of environmental documents (EIRs, ND/MNDs, and Categorical Exemptions) and technical studies (Air Quality/Greenhouse Gas, Noise, Traffic, etc.) prepared by subconsultants.
- Oversee the preparation of land use plans, zoning code updates, comprehensive development plans, and other planning documents.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior staff members, assisting in their professional development and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of planning staff on specific projects, ensuring quality and timely deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in urban planning, environmental planning, geography, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in planning or environmental fields.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead and manage staff on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thorough understanding of planning regulations, zoning codes, and land use laws at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear and concise reports and deliver engaging presentations.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Professional certifications or memberships related to planning or environmental fields are desirable.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|
|Tags||Environmental Consulting, Environmental Planning|